Ascension is involved with many ministries that serve the local community and beyond as we join in the work God is doing to build his kingdom.
- Churchill Downs Backside Ministry - More than 2,000 people, often of low income Hispanic-Latino heritage work the backside. This ministry helps provide a hot meal up to three times a year to about 120 people after worship at the track chapel on Monday evenings. Ascension also helps sponsor an Easter egg hunt at the backside. Often there are other need requests, such as clothing, bedding, toiletries, etc. to which we respond to and deliver to the track.
- Eastern Area Community (EACM) - We collect/deliver food regularly donated for EACM's food pantry, and also help with meeting any other needs during the year as they come up.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry - This group knits/crochets shawls for people in stressful situations while praying for those in need. The group meets at 10 am on the first Friday of the month at church.
- Woman in Stitches - This service sewing circle meets at 1 pm the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month to work on a variety of projects such as quilts for Lutheran World Relief, stuffed bears for hospitalized children, and comforters for Churchill Downs workers.
- Southwest Family Ministries - This ministry serves the impoverished Lake Dreamland community and surrounding neighborhoods in Jefferson county. Ascension supports their VBS, provides camp scholarships for the kids, and helps to buy school supplies.